Acne Tips & Facts
- Try to stay out of polluted areas and stay indoors when it’s humid outside
- Don’t pick and squeeze at your skin since this can cause white/blackheads to erupt.
- Avoid doing things that irritate your skin. That includes scrubbing hard, washing extra long or over drying your skin. Even exfoliating can cause acne.
- Try to avoid stress at all costs, since there is a strong connection between stress and breakouts.
- Avoid things from touching or rubbing your face. That includes hands, collars, hair, and fabrics such as your pillow and blanket.
- For women, be extra aware and careful 2-7 days before your menstrual period starts since hormonal changes can cause breakouts.
- For men, if you shave in acne prone areas, try to use an electrical razor or shave gently and carefully.
- Although it’s not scientifically proven, many people swear that their diet affects their acne and it doesn’t hurt to avoid junk food.
- Popping pimples causes permanent scarring for many, so avoid it at all costs and if you must, please be responsible.
- Between 80%-90% of people have or have had acne at least once in their life.
- Acne usually stops at around thirty, but can continue into your fifties.
- It’s actually a increase in a male sex hormone called androgens that helps cause acne during puberty in both men and women.
- Genetics play a big role in whether you get acne or not.
- Acne usually begins around 11 for girls and 13 for boys.
- Acne is short for acne vulgaris, which is the most common form of acne.